EAS will provide programs that help aspiring young artists develop professional and artistic skills in art, music and theater, while increasing self-esteem, self-discipline, confidence, responsibility and commitment thereby enabling them to establish clear pathways to life direction and make meaningful contributions to society. Our goal is to develop a network of resources that young artists can positively explore which will allow them to take advantage of a range of opportunities that traditionally may not have been available to them.
E.A.S. will implement a new Mentoring Program in the area of Fine Arts that strives to increase positive motivation for youth and adults faced with social dilemmas. We will also encourage the use of higher levels of thought to achieve personal, employment and community goals.
- To promote the value of music education in the community.
- To bring music back to all Detroit Public Schools.
- To teach the elementary stages of recording (Pro Tools etc….).
- To encourage problem-solving (overcoming personal dilemmas).
- To build self-esteem and increase self-awareness.
- To establish an artistic approach for infusing culture into the secular society that insures hope for all.
- To provide musical instruments to underprivileged children and young adults in the Detroit and the Metropolitan Area.
To employ skills and resources in order to provide social, cultural, and economic needs of the community through music and artistic development.
To establish a fund to design and erect a historical statue in honor of music executive Berry Gordy, Jr. for his indelible accomplishments with Motown Records and Esther Gordy for her accomplishment in preserving the Motown Historical Museum (with their permission).
To establish and provide an accredited school of the performing arts–Parham Academy for the Performing Arts (PAPA).
E.A.S. has assembled the following groups to achieve the previously stated objectives:
- Thespians (18 Member Acting Troupe)
- Positive Motivation Through Puppetry (P.M.T.P.) Team
- Gospel Performance Orchestra/Choir/Dancers/Actors
- Jazz Performance Group/Community Orchestra
- Inspirational/Motivational/Educational Tapes, Videos, and DVDs
- Seminars/Workshops Addressing Social Issues
- Jazz With Jesus Performance Group