Dr. Mamie Smith is an author, radio talk show host, inspirational speaker, teacher, business woman and musician. She writes on numerous online social media sites, has established her own network Unfolding ofaRose.Com and blog Open Thought. She lives in Michigan, is a widow and has two sons. She received a Bachelor of Science Music Degree at Austin Peay State University in Tennessee and Master of Music Education and Doctorate of Education from Wayne State University in Michigan. Her education was greatly enhanced by traveling extensively, living among other cultures, and teaching in many states in this country and on Okinawa, Japan. Much of Dr. Smith's time is spent administering day-to-day operations as COO of Educational Arts Society, a 501 c 3 nonprofit. The experiences of Dr. Smith are varied: teaching classes from kindergarten to university level, private vocal and piano lessons and performing as classical soloist in operas, musicals, churches and special events.
Posts by AuthorSolutions:
- REMEMBERING JANICE SLAPPY
- EDUCATIONAL ARTS SOCIETY CEO WALTER PARHAM PARTNERS WITH CARR CENTER AND DETROIT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- VOTE FOR THE SOUL OF AMERICA
- ARTS BEATS AND EATS FESTIVAL
- VOTE FOR AMERICA
- T-SHIRTS: LET US DESIGN
- Remembering Motown
- Saxophonist Duane Parham Scores Big at the Milestone Awards
- EAS Prayer Breakfast – Special Off!