One of the wisest generations in the twenty-first century, are seniors, which many cultures have labeled “thrown-away.”
Saxophonist Duane Parham admires their experience and honors their wisdom …
Parham’s visits are eagerly awaited and appreciated. He also feels a sense of gratitude when he sees the expressions on their faces as he enters the auditorium.
Music is the medicine of soul. Many terminally-ill patients have found comfort in songs about love and life …
Facts about seniors and music:
- Triggers memory and emotions.
- Improves Awareness and Concentration
- Prevents Many Patients from Shutting Down and Escaping Life and Reality.
- Generates Social Interaction.
- Increases Mobility and Co-ordination and Relieves Tension.
Cost: $150 to $250 Per Musician
Can you create a song in a senior’s heart or … rhythm in a senior’s step?
The “little lady” (Aunt Mabel) seated, lived to be almost 100 years old, but her grand-nieces surrounding her, clung to the wisdom and understanding she gave them. Nurturing is part of successful human development … let’s cherish our seniors.
Are you looking for a place for Mom? Select one where “live” music is part of the services provided …
It provides a total “brain workout.” Along with reducing anxiety, blood pressure, and pain, listening to music can improve sleep quality, mental alertness, mood, and memory …
Educational Arts Society (EAS) provides nursing facilities with musicians by:
- Contacting facilities desiring “live” music for seniors.
- Contacting musicians desiring to play at nursing facilities.
- Serving as a go-between musicians and facilities.
- Arranging with musicians to donate 40% of their services.
- Musicians are paid by EAS.
- Facilities and musicians may contact EAS for services.
- Donors may help pay musicians to play at senior homes.
- Contact email: email@example.com.