See who we are . . . .
HELLO, WELCOME TO THE PARHAM ACADEMY OF PERFORMING ARTS!
We are delighted that you decided to learn more about us. Continuing your search, you will discover that we are a music academy that balances music instruction with basic life skills and values. Our vision is clear . . . our mission strong.
Each day is an opportunity to fulfill the founder’s dream by making it a reality–a reality that guides each child toward his life purpose with confidence, courage, commitment and an artistic skill-set. Thus, we teach both! Allowing one to dominate the other, leads to a lop-sided view of oneself and the world. The “whole child” develops a value-based skill-set that allows him to grow professionally, as well as inwardly, enabling him to maneuver through the topsy-turvy roads of life with success.
We love what we do, because the children love what they do! We are happy to share what we do with you, and hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Let us know if you have questions or comments. We will be happy to hear from you.
The goals of EAS are as follows:
- To establish an environment in which students, teachers and the community can immerse themselves and flourish as musicians and artistic developers.
- To build and develop a school curriculum that yields quality performances, challenges children of all ages and establishes an appreciation for the arts.
- To provide a pathway to professional growth and development for young artists.
- Provide scholarship opportunities for college students.
Walter Duane Parham II founded Educational Arts Society, Inc., (E.A.S.) in 1990. It is a Detroit-based music, performance and fine arts organization that encompasses the greater Detroit and metropolitan communities.
We Are Instruments
What Your Funds Will Do:
- Teach elementary stages of recording
- Encourage problem-solving
- Build self-esteem and awareness
- Establish an accredited school for the performing arts